Sunday, September 20, 2009

Unbelievably lazy blogging

I half-arsedly chronicled my thoughts during tonight's Emmy Awards on Twitter. Here they are in all their glory. You'll have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks for the parts where I got up to get more cheese.

******

We interrupt this Emmy telecast with Michael "Dracula" Ignatieff's commercial claiming He Can Do Better. I want proof, fangs.

chills_7 @meghan_moloney Yes!!! I was brainstorming for a Halloween costume. Ignatieff is an awesome idea!! Thanks

@chills_7 You will def have to take photos of that. Make sure to wear your Harvard tie and carry around a little Dion voodoo doll.

Seeing clips of the last Idol finale makes me relive the pain of seeing Adam Lambert NOT WIN. Emmy telecast, why must you torture me?

Third time's a charm -- let's see if the CBS team can come back from commercial break without airing audio of backstage inner workings.

....nope.

Oh Ricky Gervais. I kind of wish he was hosting. NO -- I'm sorry, Neil Patrick. I didn't say that out loud. Just pretend that didn't happen.

All the shows I don't watch are winning. Have I been paying attention to the wrong shows? Or do I just have bad taste? Disturbing.

shetu07 @meghan_moloney don't doubt your taste. doubt THEIRS.

Thanks, @shetu07. I knew you believed in me. Speaking of taste, what is with all the man-glasses?

In Memoriam segment on now... I am officially blubbering.

My taste in TV is vindicated!! Hooray, Mad Men!!

Glenn Close, OMG! I love all the strong older super-women owning this show tonight.

shetu07 @meghan_moloney I love Jessica Lange for sort of acknowledging that older women don't get many roles


@shetu07 You need to watch this: http://tinyurl.com/my2o53 same topic, great discussion.

Wants moar Don Draper, plees.

"I'm just a poor kid from the valley. I feel like Cinder-fella."

Bob Newhart is hilarious. Though, his timing is slightly off.

MORE VINDICATION!! 30 Rock wins! 22 nominations! My favorite Tina Fey! love.

Intrigued by this voting for Breakthrough Performance... but suspect the results will be similar to Allen beating Lambert. Ppl are stupid.

'Fame'. September 25th. I cannot contain myself.

Mad Men again! Thank you.

*****

And thus concludes the 2009 Emmys. For a much sassier and fashion-oriented commentary on the Emmy Red Carpet, go on over and visit the Fug Girls. They've always got something to say.

No comments: