Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Nickelback named band of the decade

.....Really?

Apparently, much to my disgust, "Billboard has released a list of the top music stars of the 2000s based on chart success, and Canada's Nickelback was the top group or duo, ranking No. 7 overall." (according to the Globe and Mail)

The top single artists were Eminem, Usher, Nelly, Beyoncé and Alicia Keys.

SERIOUSLY?

Eminem is a genius in his own messed-up way, and Alicia Keys is beyond talented, I'll give you that much, but I probably wouldn't have put her in the top ten artists of the decade. I guess this just reaffirms why I no longer listen to pop radio, if that list demonstrates what the airwaves have been offering for the last 10 years. Come on, NELLY?

The guy who came out with the song that sounds like a clapping/skipping game I played during recess in Grade Two?

If anyone needs me, I'll be in a corner somewhere, weeping for the musical soul of North America.

No comments: