Monday, January 7, 2008

First week published in the Hill Times!

Hello, friends!

For those of you who have been waiting, breath held, fists clenched, for my glamorous debut as a parliamentary journalist... it is here! It is now! It is... not online. Hmmph. I have a bit of a problem with the fact that I can't even read my own articles on the Hill Times website, since I'm not a subscriber. (aka, am poor.) So I'm taking the time to post my stories here!

THE HILL TIMES, Monday, January 7, 2008
Politics section, page 5

"CBC still investigating allegations reporter fed questions to Grit MP"
The CBC is still investigating an allegation that one of its national reporters on Parliament Hill fed questions to Quebec Liberal MP Pablo Rodriguez last month when he questioned former prime minister Brian Mulroney at the House Ethics Committee.

Full Story

******
News section, page 17
"Rae says PM is hoping general election will be held before four March 17 byelections"

Prime Minister Stephen Harper's announcement last month to hold four byelections in three provinces in March is now being slammed by some critics who say the Prime Minister hopes a general election will happen before the byelections.

Full Story

3 comments:

Joanne (True Blue) said...

Good article on CBC-gate. Well done.

Glad you are posting your writing.

Meghan said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Since Stephen Taylor outed the name of the reporter (which most Ottawa journalists already knew...) I wonder how long it'll take the CBC to respond.

Joanne (True Blue) said...

My guess is we'll never officially hear the name.